Wednesday, April 15, 2009

quiet


 i think quiet is one of my most valuable commodities right now. poor ben is sick, and so i have had full-time parenting duties today. this means that by the end of my day i was begging nolan to just please be quiet and let me enjoy "strawberry swing" as we drove home in the car. i told him that i really needed some quiet, and he told me "he really needed some loudness". oy, 3 year-olds! for all you single moms out there, especially with young kids such as mine, my hat is off to you, because i sure appreciate the help of my hubbie when he is sick. it is invaluable, along with the relative peace and quiet that i am now relishing. time for lost and sinking into the couch...

1 comment:

srezsnyak said...

hey Heather - it's Stephanie (used to be Amidon, now Rezsnyak). It's been at least a year since we've talked and I wanted to let you know that it's so great to read what you're up to and how you're feeling and to get even the smallest glimpse into your life. I've always appreciated your honest and true personality and your take on things and I'm excited to be able to make use of your thoughts as for preparation for how I might feel as MOM in a few months! Keep the real coming and say hi to the men of the house. I miss you guys.